Stella Maris supplements a well-balanced crop nutrition program.
Unlock every acre of your field. Stella Maris® is the critical step to condition plants to produce when it matters the most by giving your crop strong early growth, increased nutrient uptake, and the ability to tolerate whatever Mother Nature dishes out for your best season yet. Stella Maris is a high concentrate liquid Ascophyllum nodosum seaweed extract biostimulant designed for soil and foliar uses in conventional and organic crops.
Stella Maris enhances crop quality and productivity by supporting root growth and early establishment, boosting nutrient use efficiency, and helping plants increase their tolerance to challenging growing conditions that can rob yield, such as drought, heat, chill, and salinity.
Stella Maris Benefits
- Improves root initiation, root elongation, branching and mass, which leads to improved plant establishment and facilitates greater uptake of water and nutrients.
- Optimizes plant nutrient availability in the soil through the chelation effect of mannitol and alginic acid. This enhances nutrient uptake throughout the growth cycle and creates conditions for rapid plant growth and development
- Improves crop tolerance to abiotic stress conditions such as heat, chill, drought and salinity by enhancing the plant’s production of stress relieving compounds (antioxidants)
- Helps regulate water loss through regulation of the stomata in times of drought which improves moisture retention and reduces wilt
- Increases fruit and vegetable quality and uniformity, with better sizing, reduced culls, better color, delayed senescence, higher brix, and increased shelf life
- Stella Maris is an easy-to-use water-soluble liquid formulation for in-tank compatibility with most crop nutrition, herbicides, fungicides, and insecticides. Always read and follow the label directions.
- Caneberries (Blackberry, Loganberry, Raspberry)
- Bushberries (Blueberry, Currant, Elderberry, Gooseberry, Huckleberry)
- Citrus (Grapefruit, Lemons, Limes, Mandarins)
- Grapes (Wine & Table)
- Pome Fruits (Apples, Pears)
- Stone Fruits (Peaches, Nectarines, Apricots, Plums, Prunes)
- Herbs & Spices
- Hydroponic Cut Flowers
- Brassica Vegetables (Broccoli, Brussels, Sprouts, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Kale, Mustard Greens)
- Bulk Vegetables (Garlic, Leeks, Onions, Shallots)
- Cucurbit Vegetables (Squash, Pumpkins, Watermelons)
- Fruiting Vegetables (Eggplant, Fresh Tomatoes, Processing Tomatoes, Peppers)
- Leafy Vegetables (Celery, Endive, Lettuce, Radicchio, Rhubarb, Spinach, Swiss Chard)
- Legumes (Beans, Lentils, Peas, Soybeans)
- Root and Tuber Vegetables (Beets, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes)
- Hydroponic (Cucumber, Lettuce, Peppers, Tomatoes)
- Stella Maris – Acadian conventional liquid for use in conventional crop production
- Stella Maris Organic– Liquid seaweed concentrate listed by OMRI for use in organic production
- Stella Maris Organic
- Case (5 Litre x 4)
- Case (9.4 Litre x 2)
- Drum (208 Litre)
- Tote (1000 Litre)
- Stella Maris Conventional
- Case (10 Litre x 2)
- Tote (1000 Litre)
*For crop specific usage rates and timing, please see the label
Application Method: Drench Treatment
Application Information: Apply soil drench using dilution of 0.45 ounces per gallon
Notes: Applications can be made at 1-4 week intervals throughout the growing season
Application Method: Soil
Application Information: Soil applied treatments can be made by mixing with soil-applied fertility, directed sprays to the soil, sidedress treatments, applications through irrigation systems
Notes: Applications can be made at 2-4 week intervals throughout the growing season. Avoid heavy irrigations following application
Application Method: Foliar
Application Information: Foliar spray should be applied as a fine mist, with low fluid velocity until the foliage is wet. See label crop specific application timings.
- Do not apply in rain, high winds, or extreme temperature conditions
- Apply during the cool part of the day or when temperatures are <85 degrees Fahrenheit
- Do not spray just before or after rainfall or sprinkler irrigation
- Use a surfactant for maximum dispersal and leaf adherence
Application Method: Late Season & Post Harvest
Application Information: An excellent way to encourage root growth and prepare perennial crops for next season’s early growth
Notes: Soil or foliar application. Applications can be made at 2-4 week intervals
Application Method: Greenhouse/Transplants
Application Information: Apply 40mL in 10L of water via irrigation system on a weekly basis
Notes: Applications can be made on a weekly basis. After transplant application switch to a soil or drench program
Application Method: Hydroponics
Application Information: Dilute Stella Maris ratio to 0.035mL/L to 0.070ml/L.
Notes: In a recirculation system replace solution every 1-2 weeks. In a non-recirculation system, apply solution with every pulse
*Stella Maris is compatible with many pesticides and nutrients. Always read and follow label directions and conduct a jar test for a new blend.
Crop Application Programs
Application timings enhance success – Repeated Pre-Bloom, Bloom, Mid-Season, Post-Harvest (as recommended for your crop/area). Consult with your local Acadian Plant Health™ representative to determine the most effective program for your area.
Please click on the crop application programs below to learn more.
Contact Your Local Acadian Representative:
Business Development Manager, Canada & East Coast Region
Key Account Manager, Midwest, Pacific Northwest, West Central Region
Sales Director, North America
Customer Care Representative
Andres Reyes Gaige
Regional Technical Manager
Regional Marketing Manager
Customer Marketing Manager
Business Director, North America
Have a question? Ready to make a purchase?
Interested in becoming a Distributor? Contact us to learn more.