The ultimate, proven seaweed extract for horticulture growers
Derived exclusively from Ascophyllum nodosum, Acadian best in class performance backed by decades of research and proven results on multiple crops.
Acadian® is produced using proprietary technologies that liberate the valuable, organic compounds and carefully formulated to provide a consistent product for your nutritional program with every drop. Applications throughout the season are scientifically proven to improve early plant establishment and development, and aid in abiotic stress tolerance, ultimately leading to increased crop quality and yield.
The complex mix of compounds present in Acadian produces a wide variety of beneficial plant responses.
- Acadian improves plant establishment, root structure and mass, which leads to improved plant establishment and facilitates greater uptake of water and nutrients.
- Containing natural chelators (which bind to micronutrients), Acadian improves the bioavailability and transport of nutrients within the plant.
- By increasing chlorophyll production within the plant, Acadian improves photosynthesis for greater plant productivity.
- Acadian activates antioxidant production and increases water retention, which reduces the impact of environmental stresses including drought, salinity, heat, and chill.
- Acadian helps plants produce energy, and its components act as precursors that encourage plants to produce new active compounds that in turn boost crop quality and yield.
- Increases fruit and vegetable quality and uniformity, with better sizing, reduced culls, delayed senescence, higher brix, and increased shelf life
- Acadian is an easy-to-use water-soluble liquid formulation for in-tank compatibility with most crop nutrition, herbicides, fungicides, and insecticides. Always read and follow the label directions.
- Caneberries (Blackberry, Loganberry, Raspberry)
- Citrus (Grapefruit, Lemons, Limes, Mandarins, Oranges)
- Grapes (Wine & Table)
- Stone Fruit (Apricots, Nectarines, Peaches, Plums, Prunes)
- Strawberries & Hydroponic Strawberries
- Herbs & Spices
- Hydroponic Flowers
- Field Ornamentals
- Acadian LSC – Acadian conventional liquid for use in conventional crop production
- Acadian Organic Liquid seaweed concentrate 0.1-0-5 – listed by OMRI for use in organic production.
- Acadian SSEP Organic – Soluble Seaweed Extract Powder
- Acadian LSC Organic
- Case (1.32 Gallon x 4)
- Case (2.5 Gallon x 2)
- Tote (264 Gallon)
- Acadian LSC Conventional
- Case (2.5 Gallon x 2)
- Tote (264 Gallon)
- Acadian SSEP Powder
- 44-lb Case
GENERAL CROP APPLICATION RATES
Acadian is a water-soluble liquid that is suitable for use in foliar, soil applied, irrigation applications. Working synergistically with your existing nutritional program, it can be tank mixed with most commonly used herbicides, fungicides, insecticides, and other agricultural inputs. For information on optimal application rates and timings for your crop, please refer to the label.
*For crop specific usage rates and timing, please see the label
Application Method: Rooting/Transplant Solutions
Application Method: Prior to or at transplanting, treat roots with a solution of Acadian at the rate of 0.1-0.7% solution
Notes: After transplant application switch to a soil or drench program
Application Method: Drench
Application Method: Apply soil drench using dilution of 0.45 ounces per gallon
Notes: Applications can be made at 2-4 week intervals throughout the growing season
Application Method: Soil
Application Method: Soil applied treatments can be made by mixing with soil-applied fertility, directed sprays to the soil, sidedress treatments, applications through irrigation systems
Notes: Applications can be made at 2-4 week intervals throughout the growing season. Avoid heavy irrigations following application
Application Method: Foliar
Application Method: Foliar spray should be applied as a fine mist, with low fluid velocity until the foliage is wet. See label crop specific application timings.
- Do not apply in rain, high winds, or extreme temperature conditions
- Apply during the cool part of the day or when temperatures are <85 degrees Fahrenheit
- Do not spray just before or after rainfall or sprinkler irrigation
- Use a surfactant for maximum dispersal and leaf adherence
Application Method: Late Season & Post Harvest
Application Method: An excellent way to encourage root growth and prepare perennial crops for next season’s early growth
Notes: Soil or foliar application. Applications can be made at 2-4 week intervals
* Acadian is compatible with many pesticides and nutrients. Always read and follow label directions and conduct a jar test for a new blend.
Crop Application Programs
Acadian can be applied in combination with the standard grower program and is compatible with most nutrient programs. Consult with your local Acadian Plant Health™ representative to determine the most effective program for your area. Applications will depend on the crop, soil, timing and the additional materials in the tank mix.
Please click on the crop application programs below to learn more.
Contact Your Local Acadian Representative:
Business Development Manager, Canada & East Coast Region
Key Account Manager, CA & AZ
Key Account Manager, Midwest, Pacific Northwest, West Central Region
Sales Director, North America
Customer Care Representative
Andres Reyes Gaige
Regional Technical Manager
Regional Marketing Manager
Customer Marketing Manager
Business Director, North America
Have a question? Ready to make a purchase?
Interested in becoming a Distributor? Contact us to learn more.